Your browser is unsupported

We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.


Students who have never studied Korean before nor lived in a Korean-speaking country/home, should sign up for Korean 101.

If you have previously studied Korean anywhere (elementary, middle or high school or another college/university) or if you learned Korean by living in a Korean-speaking country or home and do not have AP credit, you must take the UIC placement test.

Students with AP credit for Korean or transfer students with Korean credit from another college/university should consult their advisor.

Note: Students may only take the placement test once per year.

UIC Placement Test

What do I do if the class I placed into is too easy/hard? Heading link

Students must register for the course into which they are placed.

If you have concerns about your placement, you should speak with your instructor and contact the Korean Basic Language Coordinator.

Only the Coordinator can authorize changes. All changes must be completed by the end of add/drop.