Your browser is unsupported

We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Placement for Korean

Students who have never studied Korean before nor lived in a Korean-speaking country/home, should sign up for Korean 101.

If you have previously studied Korean anywhere (elementary, middle or high school or another college/university) or if you learned Korean by living in a Korean-speaking country or home and do not have AP credit, you must take the UIC placement test.

Students with AP credit for Korean or transfer students with Korean credit from another college/university should also take the UIC placement test and enroll as placed. If your UIC Korean placement test result differs from the level based on your AP credit or your transfer articulation, please consult their advisor and the Korean Program Coordinator before enrolling.

Note: Students may only take the placement test once per year.

UIC Placement Test

What do I do if the class I placed into is too easy/hard? Heading link

Students must register for the course into which they are placed.

If you have concerns about your placement, you should speak with your instructor and contact the Korean Basic Language Coordinator.

Only the Coordinator can authorize changes. All changes must be completed by the end of add/drop.