Chinese is the most spoken language in the world and the most spoken language in the US after English and Spanish. That alone is reason enough to study this beautiful and ancient language and learn about the culture connected with it.
- Chinese is a language of global business.
- It’s spoken not just in China and in Asia. It’s spoken around the world by global communities connected by Chinese history.
- Have an artistic flair? Chinese writing system and calligraphy are wells of inspiration.
- Knowing Chinese gives you insights into current affairs.
- Chinese philosophy and culture give you access to a world where ancient civilizations beat with a contemporary pulse.
The Chinese Program offers a basic language sequence, advanced language and culture classes, and a minor in Chinese.