This program will give students an opportunity to become familiar with Korean history and culture, develop a broad understanding of the historical, social and cultural issues in Korea.
More Information Heading link
- Good Academic Standing
- Completed at least 12 UIC credits
- KOR 130 Understanding Korean History (3 credits)
- Modern History of East Asia (3 credits)
· Historical and cultural site visits (Gyeongbok Palace, National folklore museum, Hanok villages, DMZ, tc.)
· Visit to tourist attractions (Namsan Park, baseball game, Everland Theme Park, etc.)
· Cultural workshops (Korean cooking class, etc.)
Program Fee TBD
Program Fee Includes:
Tuition for 7 hours of UIC credits, airport transfers shared housing in hotels, local transportation for program excursions, some group meals, and international health insurance.
Airfare, passport, most meals, and personal spending money expenses.
- Students with a FAFSA on file can use their financial aid to help offset study abroad expenses
- Scholarship opportunities are available on the UIC Study Abroad Office Website studyabroad.uic.edu/scholarships
Application Deadline: TBD
Faculty Director: Hanae Kim – firstname.lastname@example.org
Study Abroad Office: Irina Krymova – email@example.com
More Info: go.uic.edu/KoreanHistory